Mad Monday is your source for truth and integrity in a barbaric age. Every week we bring you a round up of news, opinion and the best clickbait, with thoughts from Rev Fisk. Find a new way to think about being a Christian in a decaying age and be encouraged in your faith.
Sign up now and receive a digital copy of Rev Fisk’s latest book, Talk Them Into It. It is a practical book, with lots of tactics for engaging people in conversation, especially when discussing your faith.
Recent articles from Mad Mondays:
Each Monday we post some of the highlights from our latest edition.
- TrustlessTo the demons, I imagine the internet is like a magical wormhole of happiness. No longer bound to one proximity or another, their images can hop about as they like and even be in many places simultaneously. The God of many faces is a trickster by definition. Jesus is not a trickster God.Judgment day will be… Continue reading Trustless
- It’s a personal thing.. but not reallyThe 20th anniversary of the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon have caused many to reflect on the way surveillance has become a way of life. Photo ID, security cameras, and areas of the commons that are out-of-bounds are now accepted parts of life together, even if they sit uncomfortably with us. Measures… Continue reading It’s a personal thing.. but not really
- Terror and rumors of terrorAlthough news out of Afghanistan was less last week, the subject of terrorism was still in news feeds, with media elites and politicians seemingly wanting to shift focus a little. President Biden’s proclamation that domestic terror was the most “lethal threat” to the USA earlier this year, was echoed by former President Bush’s statements at a 9/11 commemoration ceremony. But Twitter NPCs went… Continue reading Terror and rumors of terror
- Didn’t think that one throughNational Geographic, amongst other media outlets has pointed out that the current tally of COVID deaths means 1 in 500 Americans have died from the disease. A terrible milestone, for sure. Yet The Atlantic has published an article reinforcing what studies in other countries have found. The piece reports that almost half the recorded cases of COVID requiring hospitalization were for… Continue reading Didn’t think that one through
- General ConfusionIt was been reported this week that General Mark Milley, who currently serves as the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, went rogue earlier this year. In a soon-to-be-released book critical of the Trump administration, journalist Bob Woodward claims that General Milley made an unsanctioned call to Chinese military officials, assuring them that he would warn… Continue reading General Confusion
- Throwing things under the busAbove and beyond: The National Guard have been deployed in Massachusetts to drive school buses in the face of a shortage of drivers. Yes, you read that right… Amazon has said it will pay $18 hour for newly hired delivery drivers and warehouse workers. The tech giant said it will also pay tuition and text book costs for employees. That’s if they… Continue reading Throwing things under the bus
- Rules are made to be brokenFacebook has a fresh set of fires to put out, with news coming last week that the social media company has separate rules for several million VIPs. A leaked document says that many celebrities, politicians and “influencers” are on Facebook’s special whitelist, XCheck, meaning their posts are not subjected to moderation. Digital content moderation is a booming industry but… Continue reading Rules are made to be broken
- QuickHits for the eyebuds 09.20.21☕ Pumpkin spice: it’s a WV thing💤 What’s happening when your foot falls asleep🚗 Michelin made airless, puncture-proof tires💧 This material stays dry even underwater🖱️ Why hyperlinks are blue🦟 CRISPR gene editing renders male mosquitoes impotent and females flightless🏆 Ontario bridge earns Guinness World Records🐔 Charcoal chicken: The world’s blackest chicken🐻 “Spirit” bears’ white fur gives them camouflage😧 Singer Ed Sheeran compares US awards shows to UK ones🍳 A company that prints community cookbooks🤿 Amsterdam’s underwater parking garage for bikes🤐 Prince… Continue reading QuickHits for the eyebuds 09.20.21
- Refuse to ComplicateIf you’re still reading this, then it means you’re probably not one of that massively cynical consensus, gradually being driven insane by their devices. Rather, you resent the evident crossbreeding of abused trusts in the power of the surveillance state programmed into your friends and neighbors by the superpower of dissent mitigation waged as media… Continue reading Refuse to Complicate
- This won’t hurt a bitPresident Biden lurched a little more totalitarian last week, mandating that staff at companies with 100 or more employers must be vaccinated against COVID or be tested weekly. (Except for Members of Congress, who apparently have a right to privacy and can’t be forced to be vaccinated.) The announcement was made during a troubling speech in which the… Continue reading This won’t hurt a bit
- Deep in the heart of TexasPro-abortion activists are not taking pro-life legislation in Texas very well at all. Corporations were quick to show their support for “women’s health,” pledging to pay legal fees for anyone found violating the law. The Department of Justice has also announced that it is suing Texas for violating constitutional rights. The usual absurdities arose from Twitter’s death eaters, with… Continue reading Deep in the heart of Texas
- Dog and pony [paste] showThe crazy politicization of science, medicine, and everything continues… A Rolling Stone story about the Nobel prize winning “horsepaste” drug, Ivermectin, blew up the news media last week. The story claimed that an Oklahoma hospital was so overrun with patients who had overdosed on Ivermectin that shooting victims were forced to wait for treatment. Pretty much the whole story was wrong,… Continue reading Dog and pony [paste] show
- Let’s see who’s REALLY behind the maskFox has reported on leaked emails, showing that pressure from teachers’ unions caused the CDC to change its guidelines on masking in schools. Follow the science, indeed. The CDC has released data on the COVID death rate for kids and it’s really low. God be praised! Dr. Fauci is in trouble, after a new report added weight to the accusation that… Continue reading Let’s see who’s REALLY behind the mask
- Diverse and inclusiveFour terrorists traded for the safe return of US soldier, Bowe Bergdahl, are now part of the Afghan government. Journalists pointed out at a White House press conference that there are more terrorists in the new Afghan government than women. That would seem a useless thing to highlight, except that the Biden administration had insisted that the Taliban install… Continue reading Diverse and inclusive
- Wide open marketJob creation numbers were much lower than expected this August with only 230,000 positions added. Quite a bit less than the predicted 720,000. Yet other news reports suggest there is a labor shortage, not a job shortage. McDonalds in Oregon is hiring 14 and 15 year olds. Amazon has said it will drop the marijuana screening requirement in order to recruit… Continue reading Wide open market